Paying for Your Weight Loss Surgery
Hope Bariatrics and most insurance companies follow the guidelines from the National Institute of Health (NIH) which include and are not limited to:
- Body Mass Index (BMI) over 40
- BMI of 35 to 40 with co-morbidities, (health conditions related to excess weight)
- Be willing to undergo a psychological evaluation with a licensed clinical mental health professional
- Document past attempts at non-surgical weight loss
- Must be committed to lifestyle changes and long-term follow-up
- Complete a 3 or 6 month consecutive dietary visit with your primary care physician
- Additional pre surgery testing that will be outlined for you at your first visit with the doctor
Note: Insurance companies vary in their requirements, and we encourage you to speak with yours for specific pre-surgical requirements.
A $200 program fee is assessed to all patients in our program.